Emma Watson and her Little Women co-stars, all in prairie frocks!
The Prairie dress trend has been in full force since early last year. Now, the Victoriana-meets-frontierswoman look is getting yet another stamp of approval, thanks to Greta Gerwig’s Little Women!
LAIA’S PICK: Batsheva Kate floral and stripe-print ruffled cotton dress, available at MATCHESFASHION
* For the Resort 2020 lookbook, Batsheva Hay and her husband photographed the collection in their favourite places in Manhattan and this romantic sensibility is echoed in this white Kate dress. Exclusive to MATCHESFASHION, it’s crafted in the USA from cotton poplin striped in blue then peppered in pink sprigged florals, with a ruffled high neck, shoulders, cuffs and hem. Style it with a beaded bag and lace-up boots to continue the vintage mood.
LAIA’S PICK: LOVESHACKFANCY Terrence floral silk midi dress available at MYTHERESA
* The vintage-inspired Terrence dress from LoveShackFancy will add romance to summer days with its charming floral print and feminine silhouette. The pink design is cut from silk with a square neckline, center buttons that line the bodice, and puffed sleeves with cotton eyelet trim. The waist is cinched via three encased elastic drawstrings and the sweeping skirt is finished in a pleated ruffle trim.
Danielle Bernstein in Cecilie Bahnsen. (Photo via Instagram)
Marta Cygan in the Cecilie Bahnsen Sofie open-back floral-appliquéd organza midi dress available at NET-A-PORTER
* The dark color palette of Cecilie Bahnsen’s Fall ’19 collection (inspired by the work of photographer William Eggleston), is beautifully juxtaposed with dreamy, ethereal details – note the pretty appliquéd daisies scattered all over this ‘Sofie’ dress. Cut from diaphanous organza and lined with silk, it’s suspended from delicate straps that tie together in bows at the back. Wear yours to parties with platform sandals.
(Photo via Instagram)
Stine Joya Spring 2020 Jasmine Dress, available at SELFRIDGES.com
* It’s officially party season and Stine Goya is here to get the champagne popping with the Jasmine dress. Designed exclusively for us, it’s a shiny piece whipped up from metallic yarn and shaped with ruffles at the neckline. Falling with a voluminous outline, it’s accented by tumbling tiers to balance the long balloon sleeves. Button yours at the collar and team it with crystal-embellished slingbacks to complete the winter fairy-tale aesthetic.
LAIA’S PICK: Marc Jacobs The Prom Dress available at MARCJACOBS.com
* An off-the-shoulder ‘prom’ style dress made of taffeta with a pastel watercolor floral print. The oversized balloon sleeves, puffy skirt, and gigantic bow at the back come together in a design that is kitschy, yet cute.
MaisonCléo Finola silk-organza mini dress available at NET-A-PORTER * EXCLUSIVE AT NET-A-PORTER. Since the label’s inception in 2017, MaisonCléo’s designs have been spotted on a number of celebrities and influencers, including Leandra Medine and Emily Ratajkowski. This voluminous ‘Finola’ dress is cut from sheer silk-organza and has a V-neck and lightly gathered skirt. Layer it over a turtleneck and jeans – or matching lingerie, if you feel daring.