LAIA’S PICK: Valentino Garavani VLOCK small watersnake-trimmed leather shoulder bag, carried by Caroline Daur during ss20 Paris Fashion Week.
* There was a strong sense of romance in the air at Valentino’s Fall ’19 show, thanks in part to the to dusky pink accessories that the models wore on the runway. Debuted in Paris, this version of the ‘VLOCK’ bag is made from smooth leather and topped with a red watersnake logo. Wear it cross-body over tailoring.
The annual Black Friday Net-a-porter Epic Sale is back and this is what we are buying!
shop the sale:
LAIA’S PICK: Jimmy Choo Varenne bowling bag, carried by Charlotte Groeneveld.
* If you’re looking to invest in a timeless bag, it’s worth considering structured styles – they keep their shape so beautifully. Modeled on traditional bowling silhouettes, Jimmy Choo’s ‘Varenne’ tote has been made in Italy from supple leather and decorated with the house moniker at the front. Match your bracelets and rings to the gleaming gold hardware.
LAIA’S PICK: RIXO open-back floral-print silk crepe de chine dress (worn by @adelehuntshi)
* If you’re after a dress that will see you through all kinds of parties, RIXO London’s ‘Lucy’ style could be the one. Made from lightweight floral-print silk crepe de chine, it’s ruched along the waist and falls to a flouncy skirt that will look even better when you’re on the dance floor. Wear your hair up to show off the open back.
SHOP NOW: Cecilie Bahnsen Oversized cloqué dress, worn by Jessie Bush (@wethestylepople)
* The Victorian era offers Cecilie Bahnsen a wealth of inspiration and she enjoys designing with the same level of care and attention to detail as the clothes made at the time. This dress is cut from cloqué embossed with dainty flowers and darted to create extra volume through the skirt. Complement the oversized puffed sleeves with a vintage bracelet.
LAIA’S PICK: Stine Goya Happy faux fur coat (worn by @couturekulten)
* Stine Goya explores the world of Truman Capote and his high-profile social circle for Fall ’19 – specifically the eclectic style of ‘Swans’ like Lee Radziwill and Slim Keith in the ’60s. This double-breasted ‘Happy’ coat is cut from exceptionally soft and plush faux fur with exaggerated lapels and a matching belt to temper the loose fit. Wear it with equally vibrant shades.
LAIA’S PICK: Balenciaga Opera printed silk twill-trimmed suede clutch, carried by Marianna Theordorsen. * Balenciaga’s sculptural ‘Opera’ clutch has been made in Italy from smooth suede in a half-moon silhouette. This mini style is detailed with the brand’s gold plaque and is wrapped with a silk-twill scarf around the top handle, which will comfortably sit in the crook of your arm. It will hold evening essentials like a phone, cards and lipstick.