Aimee Song’s penny loafers by GH Bass are available at GHBASS.COM
* THE penny loafer. Dressy and elegant with the genuine comfort of a moc, the Whitney is the perfect shoe to elevate your style game. Expertly crafted in El Salvador, this iconic beefroll-style loafer with traditional moc stitching is a modern wardrobe staple.
(Photo via @aimeesong)
And how to style them…
Stylist to Kendall Jenner and Hailey Biber, Dani Michelle, in: Maison Margiela slip-toe patent leather collapsible heel loafers, available at NET-A-PORTER
*Inspired by traditional Japanese shoes, Maison Margiela’s split toe was first introduced in the ’80s and is incorporated into so many cool styles today. These loafers have been made in Italy from glossy patent-leather and are designed with classic penny slots and a supple collapsible heel counter. Wear them to the office with sharp tailoring.
(Photo via @danixmichelle)
As see worn by @emilie_tla: the Celine Luco triomhe loafer. Available at CELINE.COM
Marianne Theodorsen in Gucci. Her logo loafers are available at GUCCI.COM
* Modern interpretations of archival symbols both pay tribute to Gucci’s heritage while looking towards the future. This pair of black leather loafers reimagines the emblematic loafer by adding a contemporary logo detail in gold-toned metal.
+ also available at FARFETCH
* Gucci’s loafers champion the enduring logomania trend. This leather pair is punctuated with polished gold-tone lettering that pops against the black background.
+ also available at MYTHERESA
* Nothing says Gucci quite like these loafers – they’re embellished with logo lettering in gleaming gold-toned hardware. Set on low stacked heels, they’re made in Italy from black leather with tonal topstitching.
(Photo via @marianne_theodorsen)
Pernille Teisbaek in Miu Miu. Her black brushed leather loafers are available at MIUMIU.COM
* In the ’50s, loafers were part of school uniforms worn by U.S. prep school and college students. Annoyed by having to wear a uniform, students started inserting a shiny penny in the slot of the leather band, giving rise to the name «Penny Loafers». Miu Miu gives this timeless footwear synonymous with tradition an update in a brushed leather version.
(Photo via @pernilleteisbaek)
Jen Azoulay in Hereu.
Similar to hers available at UNIQLO.COM and MANGO.COM
(Photo via @jen_wonders)