Annabel Rosendahl in a big bow dress available at HM.COM
* Innovation Circular Design Story. Short, fitted dress in sturdy woven fabric decorated with an overdimensioned bow filled with tulle for volume and structure. Halter neck with a hook-and-eye fastening at the back, a boned bodice, and a concealed zip at the back. All textile materials are monofibre to further enable recycling. Shell fabric and lining is made from textile to textile recycled polyester.
(Photo via @annabelrosendahl)
Imagine yourself in dramatic volume, eye-catching polka dots and eclectic colours. You’re dancing in front of the mirror, feeling free and excited about what the night might bring. That’s the mood to embrace with this Circular Design Story collection—the undeniable joy of dressing up…Designed with circularity in mind, the pieces are meant to be treasured, shared, repaired and recycled. They’re made with innovative fabrications and groundbreaking materials, built to function in multiple manners.
Blazers can be worn as dresses, straps can alter the fit of shirts or coats, trousers can be made wider due to adjustable zips, and a ball gown can be separated into a top and skirt. The garment-to-garment process is central, highlighting how we can take responsibility for the resources we use by turning textiles that would’ve been thrown away into new fabric. Focus also lies on using solely one material, mono-material, to enable easier recycling. Elsewhere there are REPREVE® Our Ocean®, fibres sourced from bottles collected from shorelines and coastal areas, and a dissolvable sewing thread for attaching sequins and beads: resortecs®. This smart stitch allows garments to easily be taken apart and recycled at the end of their life.
Karin Teigl in a patent trenchcoat available at HM.COM
+ silver-coloured necklace
* Innovation Circular Design Story. Chunky, short necklace of linked cubes made from recycled acrylic. The cubes are decorated with glass rhinestones. Adjustable length with a trigger clasp. Width 6 cm. The metal content of the necklace is recycled.
(Photo via @constantly_k)
Ellie Delphine in a short tulle dress available at HM.COM
* Innovation Circular Design Story. Short, voluminous dress in organza and tulle with a digital print pattern. The dress is in an off-the-shoulder style with an outer tulle layer to create a dramatic, circular silhouette. Boned corset with hook-and-eye fasteners at the back, a tapered waist with a grosgrain band, and a super-flared skirt in multiple layers. All textile materials are monofibre to further enable recycling. All fabric is made from textile to textile recycled polyester.
(Photo via @slipintostyle)
Nina Sandbech in a asymmetric dress available at HM.COM
* Innovation Circular Design Story. Short dress in a crinkled, recycled polyester jacquard weave from REPREVE® Our Ocean®. The dress has one open shoulder and two large, asymmetric flounces filled with tulle made from recycled polyester for a fluffy look. Gathered seams in the sides for a draped look and a concealed zip in one side. Recycled polyester lining. REPREVE® Our Ocean® makes fibre materials from recycled plastic bottles that would otherwise be at risk of ending up in the ocean. All textile materials are monofibre to further enable recycling.
(Photo via @ninasandbech)
Annabel Rosendahl in a cut-out blazer available at HM.COM
* Innovation Circular Design Story. Single-breasted blazer in woven fabric made from a Naia™ Renew cellulosic acetate and organic silk blend with cut-out sections at the waist and back. Peak lapels, a one-button fastening at the front, padded, dropped shoulders and wide, extra-long sleeves with a slit at the cuffs. Two jetted front pockets and an inner pocket. Lining in Naia™ Renew cellulosic acetate.
MY FAVORITE: Innovation Circular Design Story. Short, sequined dress in woven fabric made from recycled polyester with dramatic sleeves. The sequins are made from recycled PET polyester without a metal coating, which makes them recyclable. The dress has a deep V-neck, a hook-and-eye fastener at the back of the neck, overdimensioned shoulders and an open back. The large, constructed sleeves are filled with tulle for volume and taper at the cuffs. Concealed zip at the back. Lined.